Welcome to Alleghany Highlands Community Services’ Website!
Is to provide treatment and support with compassion, understanding, and professionalism to the residents of the Alleghany Highlands with mental health, intellectual disabilities, and substance use disorders. Alleghany Highlands Community Services (AHCS) will work in cooperation with the other providers to enhance the quality of life for all individuals.
Is for a system of care that will…
- treat those receiving services as empowered individuals by promoting dignity, choice and recovery with high quality care at a reasonable cost;
- encourage through respect, professional growth and development, productive and fulfilled employees;
- work cooperatively with our governing bodies, community organizations, local business, individuals and their families, to match needs with available resources;
- seek new sources of support and revenues to maintain and improve our services using best practices;
- develop partnerships which are consistent with our mission and reflect our best intentions on best intentions on behalf of the individuals we serve.
Serving the Alleghany Highlands since 1983